We're looking for a Landscape Technician to join our team!
About Our Company
Lehigh Valley Lawn provides facility maintenance to commercial, residential, and industrial clients. Learning the trade skills of landscaping and instilling family values into our company is what sets us apart from our competitors. We are a family-owned business with an extensive background in horticulture and landscape design. Our company trains each individual team member in their specific role that the company, as a whole, works together like a well-oiled machine.
We are looking for hard-working individuals in Zionsville, Macungie, Allentown, Fogelsville, Orefield, and other cities in the Lehigh Valley that are looking to grow a career in the Green Industry! If you’d like to join a landscape team that’s built on core values and teamwork, look no further! We offer competitive pay, bonuses, and comprehensive benefits.
Technicians must have the ability to maintain schedules, complete required paperwork and forms, oversee up to 3 other landscape team members on-site, and be responsible for general maintenance of equipment and vehicles. Duties include, but are not limited to general labor such as mulching, planting, maintaining flowers, mowing, pruning, weeding, sidewalk edging, watering, etc.
Full Job Description
- Cut lawns using various sized power mowers
- Trim and edge properties using a gas-powered edger/trimmer
- Operate a gas-powered backpack blower
- Trim shrubs and small trees for shape and prune to remove damaged leaves, branches, and foliage using shears, pruners, or a gas-powered hedge trimmer
- Plant annual flowers/seasonal color
- Apply chemical fertilizer
- Perform light irrigation repairs
- Place leaves, trash, and grass clippings onto burlap and load them onto truck or trailer
- Perform weeding by hand or using a garden hoe or hula hoe
- Manage plant materials, identify basic lawn diseases and insects, understand basic irrigation controller programming
- Must live in or near Zionsville, Pennsylvania
- Ability to work near direct automotive traffic and natural bodies of water
- Able to work with various types of work lifts
- Able to work overtime or extended shifts if required by management
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions (frigid weather or extreme heat)
- Able to bend, stoop, and twist continuously throughout the day
- Able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Maintain a professional appearance (LVL approved uniforms)
- Able to perform general labor for extended periods of time
- Some Weekends
- 8-hour shift
- $13.00-22.00 (based on position and experience)